Wednesday, August 1, 2012

If you knew me



I love Casey's posts that start with "if you knew me".

I was thinking like that today as I went about my day and wanted to put my spin on it into words.

If you really knew me (or lived inside my head).

You would know how sometimes at the gym I skip exercises because I feel intimidated by the people around me, I feel embarrassed and ashamed of myself and I cant go through with it. I know in the end I am only short changing myself but its how it happens anyway.

You would know planning for Christmas and birthdays excites me to no end. I love a special occasion and a reason to celebrate.

You would know I love to do little things for friends to make them know I love them. Like buying savoury scones when a sick friend has a craving.

You would know I hate the amount of processed packaged food that ends up in my cupboards.

You would know I would drink coke zero all day every day and that giving it up (apart from when I have a bourbon or the like) has been and still is really hard.

You would know I am really proud that I did.

You would know I sometimes stop and feel the breeze, smell the fresh air, admire the fresh blue skies and almost sigh with contentment.

You would know spring and summer coming soon excites me A LOT.

You would know I WANT to craft and create all the time but seem to always be busy doing stuff that doesn't matter. Often avoiding stuff that does. I need to get better at time management.

You would know I sometimes see the ages on people blogs and have a moment of "They are younger than me and have it so together" .. Then I work hard to snap myself out of it and count my blessings.

You would know my kiddos are away for dinner tonight and I wont waste time cooking for myself so will eat a salad sandwich to save on dishes.

You would know my body and soul is tired. So tired. I am ready for winter to be gone. I am ready for rest, lots of rest. I need to feel refueled.

1 comment:

Emily Meyers said...

Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via the mingle, and I'm your newest follower! I'd also love to have you check out a fabulous Triple Giveaway I'm having right now!!

Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
xo

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html