Saturday, August 4, 2012

I am



I am feeling restless.
I am feeling tired.
I am feeling like I need change.
I am feeling like I need structure.
I am feeling a little all over the place.

I am finding it hard to focus on things.
I feel a bit out of sorts. Not bad. Just not quite settled.

I am thinking a big old spring clean is in order. I need to freshen up the place. 
I love changing up spaces and making them feel fresh and new.
I want to make a bit of a weekly schedule for myself to base my weeks on. With time sorted for the things that really need special time put aside.

Lately I am seeing so much beauty around me. I am noticing spring showing it pretty little head.
I am breathing in the air a little deeper, and getting seasonal allergies to boot.
I am sitting in my room in the evenings and enjoying the dusk for a just a bit. Reflecting on my day.
I am seeing changes in my little ones and wondering how I can best meet their needs.
I am loving how wonderful and deep my friendships are feeling. I am loving working harder at being a good friend.

I am feeling so content on one hand, yet lost and wandering on the other.
Maybe its a good thing. It happens to me every so often and I seem to always turn it into a time for self reflection. Maybe I need to feel lost so I can find my place again. HA look at me solving my own problems.

So I am going to do a little spring cleaning, rearranging, purging in some spaces. 
I have already fixed a few easy to do things that were bugging me, a door hinge, a curtain rail that needed put back up. Amazing how doing little niggling jobs can make you feel like you have achieved.

I am dreaming and planning for some outdoor areas, prepping the vegetable garden, planting some flowers. I have been weeding a lot this week.

We are all a little tired today as we had friends over for a movie party last night. It was fun.
I then stayed up and watched New Zealand win some Olympic medals. YAH. 


These boys are my favourite.



2 comments:

Lara said...

love the shot of your fave. boys Lisi. Love your 'think alouds' on here. Things I think too, often, but don't share as eloquently as you have. Less than a month till spring.

Jenny Bardsley said...

Hi! This is such a great post because I think we all have those thoughts at some point! I'm your newest follower from the Naptime Review blog hop! From Jenny @ www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com