2011 is going to move over for fresh starts, new beginnings, clean slates (you get the drift) for 2012.
I am big on goals, list, dreams, hopes so this time of year is perfect for me.
I get to think back on the previous year and make peace with the bad stuff, see how the year has shaped and changed me and start to plan ahead for the new year.
I also get to remember and relive the sweet moments, the simple joy, the big moments, the adventure 2011 delivered and plan for more of the same.
This year I/We
- the Zeke started preschool
- I got diagnosed with intracranial hypertension.
- Turned 29 (eeppp 30 is just around the corner)
- Went to scrap camp and met some cool ladies
- I had neuro surgery in a hospital 2.5 hours away with no loved ones close by.
- Got discharged then thought I was going to die on the side of the road and got sent back to hospital.
- Watched my friends and family pull together to help my kiddos through my time away.
- Had a breast scare and spent a week thinking OMG its going to be cancer.
- (it wasn't) but I had to have some of my breast removed in day surgery (on my daughters birthday)
- Lala turned SEVEN (whhattttt)
- Recovered AGAIN.
- Went to kidzone and loved it.
- the Zeke turned FOUR
- I spent a weekend in Steward Island with my Aunty... it was amazing.
- Gabe turned NINE (double WHAAATTT)
- Gabe started Keas
- We took a day trip to Dunedin with friends and fam and it was awesome.
- I had numbness in my left arm/hand and after a week of it got sent to Dunedin hospital for another overnighter to make sure it wasn't related to my shunt in the brain (it wasn't).
- the Zeke learnt to count past ten and can recognise more numbers
- Big kiddos were in their first production with school
- Had an awesome Christmas
- Lala pulled out a tooth with NO drama (usually its a tear filled crying saga) she is very proud of herself.
But I will simply say 2011 changed me. I see things with a new perspective.
I am still a work in progress and always will be but I know I am a better person today because of how 2011 has shaped me. So as hard as 2011 has been I am grateful for the way it has helped me grow.
So i wish you all a very happy new year. I hope you spend it with loved ones. My kiddos are away which is a bizarre feeling as usually we are together.
I'm working on a notebook with my years goals and resolutions.